Components of the National Young Leaders Programme
Q. Which of the following are components of the National Young Leaders Programme (NYLP)?
1) National Youth Corps
2) National Youth Development Fund
3) Neighbourhood Youth Parliament- Published on 21 Dec 16
a. 1, 2
b. 1, 3
c. 2, 3
d. All of the above
ANSWER: 2, 3
The programme aims at developing leadership qualities among the youth to enable them to realize their full potential and in the process, to contribute to the nation-building process.
The objective of the Scheme is to motivate the youth to strive for excellence in their respective fields and to bring them to the forefront of the development process. It seeks to harness the immense youth energy for national – building.
The National Young Leaders Programme has the following five components :
1. Neighbourhood Youth Parliament
2. Youth for Development Programme
3. National Young Leaders Awards
4. National Youth Advisory Council
5. National Youth Development Fund