Composition of cartridge brass
Mechanical Engineering (MCQ) questions and answers
Q. What is the composition of cartridge brass?
- Published on 11 Sep 15
50 % Cu and 50 % Zn
60 % Cu and 40 % Zn
70 % Cu and 30 % Zn
20 % Cu and 80 % Zn
ANSWER: 70 % Cu and 30 % Zn
Fluid Mechanics (
Manufacturing Processes - 1 (
Manufacturing Processes - 2 (
Material Science (
Theory of Machines - 1 (
Metrology and Quality Control (
Theory of Machines - 2 (
Heat Transfer (
Hydraulics & Pneumatics (
Basic Mechanical Engineering (
Dynamics of Machinery (
Engineering Metallurgy (
Design of Machine Elements - 1 (
Turbo Machines (
Mechanical System Design (
Engineering Mechanics (
Strength of Materials (
Design of Machine Elements - 2 (
-Posted on 21 Nov 15
α – brass contains zinc upto 36%.
- Cartridge brass and admiralty brass are examples of α – brass.
- Cartridge brass is also known as 70 : 30 brass. It contains 70% Cu and 30% Zn.
- This brass is used for cartridge cases, radiator fins, etc.
- This brass is formed when 1% of tin is added to cartridge brass.
- This brass is used for manufacturing condenser tubes, heat exchangers for steam power plants, etc.
- Dezincification type of corrosion can be avoided by adding 2% of aluminium and arsenic.
Post your comment / Share knowledge
Enter the code shown above:
(Note: If you cannot read the numbers in the above image, reload the page to generate a new one.)