Deendayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY)
Q. Which of the following is/are true regarding Deendayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY)?
1) It is rural avatar of Startup India.
2) It will be funded by the existing National Rural Livelihood Mission.- Published on 22 Aug 16
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWER: Both 1 and 2
- Deendayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY) will soon be launched by Ministry of Rural Development to promote rural entrepreneurship under Start Up India campaign.
- The main objective of Swaniyojan Yojana is to provide incentives such as financial assistance to the rural poor looking for self-employment options.
- The scheme will be integrated with MUDRA Bank Loan Yojana, innovative credit linkages and self-help groups.
- It will be funded by the existing National Rural Livelihood Mission.
- It will provide the basic skill set required for self-employment in fields like driving, plumbing, agriculture, dairy farming, grafting and horticulture among others.
- The Ministry will also coordinate with other government departments such as textile, animal husbandry, and food processing to help rural poor setup their own business in these fields.DUSY is a rural avatar of Start Up India.