Delhi Declaration on Agrobiodiversity Management Suggestions
Q. Which of the following is/are true regarding Delhi Declaration on Agrobiodiversity Management?
1) The declaration suggested conservation of crop wild relatives.
2) The declaration urges for organic farming and phasing out the chemical fertilizers and pesticides.- Published on 10 Nov 16
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWER: Only 1
- The declaration urges researchers and policy-makers to initiate, strengthen, and promote complementary conservation strategies to conserve and use agrobiodiversity including crop wild relatives in more dynamic way to ensure a continuum between ex situ, in situ and on farm conservation strategies to combat food and nutrition insecurity as well as adverse effects of climate change, land degradation and biodiversity loss.
- The declaration invites researchers to employ modern technologies including, but not limited to, genomic, space, computational, and nano-technologies for characterization, evaluation and trait discovery using genetic resources. The aim should be to achieve efficiency, equality, economy and environmental security in agricultural production systems and landscapes.
- The declaration makes no comment on organic farming or stopping use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides.