Deputy MD and President of L&T SN Subrahmanyan to be chairman
Q. Deputy MD and President of L&T will take over as chairman of the engineering and construction powerhouse from October 2017. Who is he?- Published on 29 Aug 16
a. SN Subrahmanyan
b. AM Naik
c. SN Naik
d. AM Subrahmanyan
ANSWER: SN Subrahmanyan
Deputy Managing Director and President, Larsen & Toubro, SN Subrahmanyan will take over as chairman of the USD 16 billion engineering and construction powerhouse from AM Naik.
- Naik introduced Subrahmanyam as his successor at the company’s 71st AGM
- Naik has been with L&T for over 50 years now
- Company is expecting to double its revenue to INR 2 lakh crore by 2021 based on India’s success story
- India is currently at the cusp of a turnaround. All indicators are positive as the projected GDP growth rate is 7.4 percent in 2016-2017
- India is the fastest growing large economy in the world
- Government’s thrust on infrastructure and its Make in India initiatives will fuel growth
- The company is banking on the defence sector
- It is expected the defence sector will generate business opportunities worth INR 13 lakh crores over the next 10 years.
- With the resolution of the issues pertaining to fuel supply and clearer understanding on nuclear liability issues, Nuclear power sector is expected to grow over the next 10 years to INR 50,000 crore.
- L&T plans to make missiles one day, Naik said.