Dhaakis - People playing Dhaak, a type of drum
Q. What is ‘Dhaakis’?- Published on 25 Oct 16
a. A currency
b. Officials who mark land boundaries
d. Instrument playing people
ANSWER: Instrument playing people
- The dhak/dhaak is a huge membranophone instrument from South Asia.
- Drum beats are an integral part of Durga Puja.
- People playing Dhaaks are called Dhaakis.
- The shapes differ from the almost cylindrical to the barrel.
- It suspended from the neck, tied to the waist and kept on the lap or the ground, and usually played with wooden sticks. The left side is coated to give it a heavier sound.