Double block brake is a type of - Theory of Machines - 1
Mechanical Engineering (MCQ) questions and answers
Theory of Machines - 1
Q. Double block brake is a type of
- Published on 06 Aug 15
Internal expanding shoe brake
None of the above
ANSWER: Shoe brake
Fluid Mechanics (
Manufacturing Processes - 1 (
Manufacturing Processes - 2 (
Material Science (
Theory of Machines - 1 (
Metrology and Quality Control (
Theory of Machines - 2 (
Heat Transfer (
Hydraulics & Pneumatics (
Basic Mechanical Engineering (
Dynamics of Machinery (
Engineering Metallurgy (
Design of Machine Elements - 1 (
Turbo Machines (
Mechanical System Design (
Engineering Mechanics (
Strength of Materials (
Design of Machine Elements - 2 (
-Posted on 19 Oct 15
- The device used to retard or stop a moving object by means of an artificial frictional resistance is called as brake.
- Brakes based on configurations are classified as shown below:
1) Shoe or block brake
2) Band and block brake
3) Band brake
4) Internal expanding shoe brake
Double block brake, pivoted block brake, single block brake are different types of shoe brakes.
Double block brake
- Double block brake prevents bending of shaft caused due to unbalanced load of single block brake.
- Braking torque is calculated considering the braking force acting on two blocks.
- The brake geometry of theses brakes do not self lock.
- Generally this type of brakes are used in electric cranes.
Post your comment / Share knowledge
Enter the code shown above:
(Note: If you cannot read the numbers in the above image, reload the page to generate a new one.)