Driving License and Vehicle Registration Certificates integrated with DigiLocker
Q. The DigiLocker has been integrated with which documents as per a GoI directive?- Published on 12 Sep 16
a. Driving License
b. Vehicle Registration Certificate
c. Both of the above
d. Neither of the above
ANSWER: Both of the above
Minister of Road Transport and Highways and Shipping, Shri Nitin Gadkari and Minister of Electronics and Information Technology and Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad on 7th September 2016 launched the integration of the DigiLocker with Driving Licenses and Vehicle Registration Certificates in New Delhi.
- New service will end the issue of carrying physical copies of RCs and DLs and the same can be accessed on mobile phones via the DigiLocker mobile app.
- Driving Licenses and Vehicle Registration Documents can now be issued directly to the DigiLockers of individuals in digital formats.
- Digital copies will be shared with other departments as identity and address proof
- This will also promote on the spot verification through citizen mobile phones by various law enforcement authorities
- The digital copies can be shared with other departments as identity and address proof
- DigiLocker was launched by PM Modi in July 2015 and aims at transforming India into a digitally empowered knowledge economy
- It is a platform for the issuance and verification of documents and certificates digitally
- DigiLocker has 2126332 registered users with 2411702 uploaded documents and issued 42673232 documents till September 2016