Former Union Minister for Minority Affairs Najma Heptullah appointed Governor, 5 more appointments made
Q. Who has been appointed Governor of Manipur w.e.f 17th August 2016?- Published on 18 Aug 16
a. Najma Heptullah
b. Najma Hidayatullah
c. VP Singh Badnore
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Najma Heptullah
Former Union Minister for Minority Affairs Najma Heptullah has been appointed Governor of Manipur.
- BJP leader and former RS member VP Singh Badnore was made Governor of poll bound Punjab.
- Delhi BJP leader and former MLA Jagdish Muukhi has been appointed Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar islands;.
- He has been appointed in place of AK Singh.
- The appointment has been made by the President of India.
- It will take effect from the dates the incumbent assume charge of their respective offices.
- Banwarilal Purohit, a three time former member of the LS from Nagpur and ME of Central Indian daily The Hitavada will be made governor of Assam.
- Heptulla resigned as Minority Affairs Minister as PM Modi has an unwritten writ of 75 year bar for ministers that ensured veterans LK Advani and Murli Manohar Joshi remained confined to the Margdarshak Mandal and out of the Cabinet
- Meghalaya governor V Shanmuganthan was earlier holding additional charge as Manipur governor
- Nagaland governor Padmanbha Balakrishna Acharya will hold additional charge as Assam governor till Purohit takes charge