GIST - Which of the following are called as Nutri-cereals?
Q. Which of the following are called as Nutri-cereals?- Published on 16 Nov 16
d. None of the above
- Millets are rich sources of minerals like iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium.
- These also contain appreciable amounts of dietary fibre and various vitamins (ß- Carotene, niacin, vitamin B6 and folic acid); high amounts of lecithin are useful for strengthening the nervous system.
- Therefore, a regular consumption can help to overcome malnutrition among majority of our Indian population.
- These have often been called the coarse grains; however, due to their nutritional contributions, these are now being referred as ‘nutria-millets/nutria-cereals’.
- The Central government launched the Initiative for Nutritional Security through Intensive Millet Promotion (INSIMP) in 2011-12 to promote millets as “nutri-cereals”.