Global Energy Architecture Performance Index Report dimensions - affordability, environmental sustainability, security and access
Q. Which of the following are dimensions analysed for generating Global Energy Architecture Performance Index Report?
2) Security and access
3) Pollution due to non-renewable energy sources- Published on 22 Aug 16
a. 2, 3
b. 1, 2
c. 1, 3
d. All of the above
ANSWER: 1, 2
- The Global Energy Architecture Performance Index Report, explored the energy architecture of 126 countries based on their ability to provide energy access across three dimensions of the “energy triangle” — affordability, environmental sustainability, security and access.
- The Energy Architecture Performance Index (EAPI), developed by the World Economic Forum in collaboration with Accenture.
- The list was topped by Switzerland followed by Norway and Sweden in the second and third place, respectively.
- Among the BRIC nations, Brazil was the top performer as it was ranked at the 25th place, followed by Russia (52nd), India (90th), and China (94).
- India has been ranked at the 90th place in a list of 126 countries.
- The proportion of the population covered having grown over the past six years by 4 percentage points to 79 per cent.
- The report noted that India is facing a vast array of challenges in the power sector in order to meet its growth targets.