Golden Temple City of Amritsar tops list of smart cities
Q. Which city tops list of 27 new smart cities announced by Ministry of Urban Development?- Published on 21 Sep 16
Golden Temple City of Amritsar topped the list of 27 new smart cities announced by Minister of Urban Development.
- 8 other cities of pilgrim and tourist importance made it to the list as well
- These are: Ujjain, Tirupati, Agra, Nashik, Madurai, Thanjavur, Ajmer and Varanasi.
- With this the number of cities selected under Smart City Mission for financing implementation of smart city plans has gone up to 60.
- The Minister informed that the new 27 smart cities have proposed an investment of INR66,883 cr under smart city plans including INR42,524 cr under Area Based Development and another INR11,379 cr for technology based Pan-city solutions that benefits all the citizens of respective cities.
- With this, the total investment proposed by the 60 cities selected so far has gone up to INR1,44,742 cr, he said.
- The 27 smart cities announced today are from 12 States including 5 from Maharashtra, 4 each from Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, 3 from Uttar Pradesh and 2 each from Punjab and Rajasthan.
- NE states Nagaland and Sikkim have made it to the smart city list for the first time.