Government notifies TADF under NMP
Q. Government of India has set up a TADF for NMP. What does TADF stand for in the context of clean energy?- Published on 11 Aug 16
a. Technology Amalgamation and Development Fund
b. Technology Amendment and Development Fund
c. Technology Acquisition and Development Fund
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Technology Acquisition and Development Fund
Government has notified the scheme for Technology Acquisition and Development Fund under the National Manufacturing Policy to provide funding support to SMEs for acquiring clean energy technologies
- Scheme is applicable for MSMEs and NIMZ
- The fund provides subsidy of upto 10% of capital expenditure incurred on new plant and machinery (on procuring plant and machinery) for manufacturing units for controlling pollution, reducing energy consumption and for water conservation, subject to a maximum of INR 50 lakhs.
The incentives consist of:
- Five percent interest reimbursement of the nominal interest charged by lending agency;
- Ten percent capital subsidy;
- 25% grant to SMEs for expenditure incurred on Environmental and Water audits subject to a maximum of INR1 lakh in NIMZs;
- Units practicing zero water discharge are eligible for 10% onetime capital subsidy on the relevant equipment/systems subject to actual usage for one year and third party certification; and
- Access to the patent pool and/or part reimbursement of technology acquisition costs upto a maximum of INR 20 lakhs for acquiring appropriate technologies patented upto a maximum of 5 years generally, prior to the date of submission of the project.