Governor cannot call assembly session on his own
Q. Which of the following is/are true?
1) Governor can call the assembly session on his own to test the majority of a chief minister and his government.
2) Under Article 175 the governor can address the House or Houses.- Published on 09 Feb 16
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWER: Only 2
- The governor has no business to call the assembly session on his whims to test the majority of a chief minister and his government.
- The right of the governor under Article 175 (right of the governor to address and send messages to the House and Houses) of the Constitution was limited.
- Messaging, he can do independently but the nature of messages is important. He needs to take the aid and advise of the chief minister and his council of ministers