How many Parliamentary forums are there?
Q. When as the first parliamentary forum constituted?- Published on 03 Mar 17
- The first Parliamentary Forum on Water Conservation and Management was constituted in the year 2005.
Currently, there are six of them -
1. Parliamentary Forum on Water Conservation and Management (2005) - To identify problems relating to water and make suggestions/recommendations for consideration and appropriate action by Government/organizations concerned.
2. Parliamentary Forum on Youth (2006) - To have focused deliberations on strategies to leverage human capital in the youth for accelerating development initiatives.
3. Parliamentary Forum on Children (2006) - To further enhance awareness and attention of Parliamentarians towards critical issues affecting children’s wellbeing so that they may provide due leadership to ensure their rightful place in the development process.
4. Parliamentary Forum on Population and Public Health (2006) - To have focused deliberations on strategies relating to population stabilization and matters connected therewith.
5. Parliamentary Forum on Global Warming and Climate Change (2008) - To identify problems relating to global warming and climate change and make suggestions/recommendations for consideration and appropriate action by the government/organizations concerned to reduce the extent of global warming.
6. Parliamentary Forum on Disaster Management (2011) - To identify and discuss the problems relating to disaster management.
The Speaker also constituted four sub-forums of the Parliamentary Forum on Youth, viz, -
(a) sub-Forum on Sports and Youth Development;
(b) sub-Forum on Health;
(c) sub-Forum on Education; and
(d) sub-Forum on Employment.
- Each sub-Forum has its own convener.