HTTP Protocol is used in Application Layer - Networking
Programming Language (MCQ) questions
Q. HTTP Protocol is used in ________.
- Published on 26 Aug 15
Data Link Layer
ANSWER: Application Layer
C programming (
Software Engineering (
Web Technologies (
Data Structure (
Operating System (
-Posted on 23 Oct 15
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
is used in
- It is the foundation of data communication for the World Wide Web.
- HTTP is used to exchange or transfer hypertext.
Why HTTP is designed?
- It is designed to improve the communications between the clients and servers.
- It is an application layer protocol designed within the framework of the Internet protocol suite.
Work flow of HTTP
- The protocol used for defining the legal request and replies is called as HTTP.
- HTTP is a request-response protocol in the Client-Server Architecture model .
- A client which runs an application on a computer and a computer hosting a website is a server. A client sends a request message to a server. A server which provides resources such as HTML files and other content, a server gives response message to the client. The response contains completion status information about the request and may also contain requested content in its message body.
Post your comment / Share knowledge
Enter the code shown above:
(Note: If you cannot read the numbers in the above image, reload the page to generate a new one.)