Independence Day speech of the Prime Minister: Highlights
Q. The Prime Minister addressed the nation on 15th August 2016 after unfurling the tricolour at the Red Fort. Which Independence Day is currently being celebrated in India?- Published on 16 Aug 16
After unfurling the tricolour at the RedFort, PM Narendra Modi addressed the nation on its 70th Independence Day on August 15, 2016.
- He stressed that India adopted the strategy of Reform, Perform and Transform and avoided populism.
- Onus is on 125 crore people of India to convert Swaraj into Surjya. From Parliament to panchayats, gram pardon to the PM, the dream of surajya will come true if people do their duty.
- Country will not stop combating terrorism and extremism; youth should shun violence and return to the mainstream.
- PM Modi also spoke of the need to promote Karya Sanskriti of the government.
- Inflation rate has been brought down below 6 percent.
- The PM also spoke of the need to fight social evils and support social justice.
- He also said transparency was very important to Surajya.