India and Morocco signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for enhanced cooperation in the health sector.
Shri J P Nadda mentioned that both the countries share a strong and rich traditional relationship.
India is producer of quality generic medicines and drugs that are exported to more than 200 countries and has a strong and robust public health system monitored through National Health Mission.
Via this framework MOU between two countries, both the countries can work together in identified areas of cooperation as both countries have much to offer to each other in the field of health. The main areas of cooperation include the following:
- Non-communicable diseases, including child cardiovascular diseases and cancer;
- Drug Regulation and Pharmaceutical quality control;
- Communicable Diseases;
- Maternal, child and neonatal health;
- Hospital twinning for exchange of good practices and
- Training in administration and management of health services and Hospitals
Another MoU was signed between Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry and Marrakech Mohamed VI University Hospital, Morocco in the presence of both the Ministers.
Under this MoU both the Institutes agreed to collaborate in the field of telemedicine.
The focus areas under this MoU will be Tele-Health Care, Health Education, technical support in controlling epidemics and support in rendering second opinion on various complicated cases.