India set to host 1st BRICS Film Festival
Q. Where is the first BRICS Film Festival being held?- Published on 26 Aug 16
d. None of the above
ANSWER: None of the above
BRICS film festival is to explore cooperation in cinema, culture and cuisine
Here is the jury of the film festival
- India will host the 1st BRICS Film Festival
- Malayalam movie Veeram will be the opening film for the festival
- The Film festival will act as a platform for those in film industry of BRICS nations to explore areas of cooperation in cinema, culture and cuisine
- Festival will also reward film makers, actors, producers and directors
- India’s BRICS Chairmanship is also scheduled to commence in Goa on 15-16 October, where a five-pronged approach had been adopted keeping in view the theme of the summit which is “Building Responsive, Inclusive and Collective Solutions”.
- Mr. T S Nagabharana (India) - Chairperson: A Kannada director, writer, actor, pioneers of the Parallel Cinema, served as the Chairman of Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy and founder of a theatre organization called “Benaka”. Winner of 9 national awards and 14 state awards
- Mr. Francis Vogner do Reis (Brazil) - A journalist, producer and curator of film shows, professor of theory, history and film criticism, he co-founded electronic magazine Cine Imperfect.
- Mr. Kirill Razlogov (Russia) - A graduate from the Moscow State University Lomonossov, Historical Faculty, Arts History, holds Ph.D. in arts and cultural studies. He served as a special adviser for 11 years on film history and international affairs.
- Mr. Hou Keming (China) - A professor of the direction department of Beijing Film Academy. He is also the chairperson of the China Children’s Film Association and the president of China International Children’s Film Festival.
- Ms. Xoliswa Sithole (South Africa) - Founder and director, of Nayanaya Pictures, she is also a member of the BAFTA and is the founding member of Filmmakers against Racism.
- The Closing film would be the Chinese movie, Skiptrace, starring Jackie Chan directed by Renny Harlin.
- The BRICS Film Festival will be held at the Sirifort Auditorium Complex, New Delhi, from September 2nd to September 6th, 2016.
- In the course of 5 days of the event, 20 movies will be screened in the competition section, 4 from each of the countries.