Indian film industry mourns death of legendary actor Shashi Kapoor
Q. Which veteran Kapoor family actor was honoured with a Padma Bhushan in 2011?- Published on 05 Dec 17
a. Shashi Kapoor
b. Shammi Kapoor
c. Raj Kapoor
d. Randhir Kapoor
ANSWER: Shashi Kapoor
Veteran actor Shashi Kapoor passed away at the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai, on Dec 4, at 5:20 pm.
He was 79.
Mr. Kapoor had been in and out of the hospital for the past few years for treatment of a chronic kidney disease and was on dialysis. He had also undergone a bypass surgery.
Actor Randhir Kapoor, son of veteran actor Raj Kapoor, too confirmed the news. About Shashi Kapoor
- Born on March 18, 1938, to the illustrious and formidable theatre and film actor Prithviraj Kapoor, Shashi Kapoor hit the spotlight at the age of four, acting in plays directed and produced by his father.
- He started acting in films as a child artiste in the late '40s.
- His best known performances as a child actor were in Aag (1948) and Awaara (1951), where he played the younger version of the character played by Raj Kapoor.
- Shashi Kapoor also worked as assistant director in the '50s.
- He made his debut as a leading man in the 1961 film Dharmputra and went on to appear in more than 116 films during '70s and until the mid '80s.
- Some of his memorable films include Deewar, Kabhie Kabhie, Namak Halal, Kaala Pathar and others.
- He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 2011 and received the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke award in 2015.