Indian Railways to promote SHGs at D and E class stations for catering
Q. Which of the following is/are true?
1) B and C class stations are being earmarked for Self Help Groups.
2) SBI is partnering in this project with the Indian Railways.- Published on 21 Dec 16
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWER: Neither 1 nor 2
- D and E class stations are being earmarked for Self Help Groups.
- SHGs have been made eligible to participate in the allotment process of General Minor Units (GMUs) at D, E & F category of stations.
- This will help in boosting morale by providing alternative source of earning to Self Help Groups.
- NABARD will ensure extensive e-marketing.
- NABARD will develop a website.
- All information of SHG’s and their products can be seen on this Website.