Indian test captain Virat Kohli on Cricket Australia's ODI team
Q. Which India cricketer was named on Cricket Australia's ODI team of the year on 27 Dec 2016?- Published on 29 Dec 16
a. Virat Kohli
b. Ajinkya Rahane
c. Harbhajan Singh
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Virat Kohli
India’s Test captain Virat Kohli was on 27 Dec 2016 named Cricket Australia’s ODI team of the year.
He was earlier picked as Captain of the ICC ODI team of the year.
Cricket Australia stated Kohli played 10 ODIs in 2016
He scored back to back centuries against Australia in Jan 2016 and 154 against New Zealand.
Currently, he averages an incredible 90.10 in 59 successful run chases for India.Cricket Australia’s ODI Team of Year:
- Virat Kohli (India, Captain)
- David Warner (Australia)
- Quinton de Kock (South Africa, Wicket Keeper)
- Steve Smith (Australia)
- Babar Azam (Pakistan)
- Mitchell Marsh (Australia)
- Jos Buttler (England)
- Jasprit Bumrah (India)
- Imran Tahir (South Africa)
Know More About Virat Kohli
- He is a right handed batsman.
- Ranked 8th in 2016 ESPN list of famous athletes.
- Debuted in 2016.
- Captained the U-19 team to victory in the 2008 World Cup in Malaysia.
- Made ODI debut at age 19 and test debut in 2011.
- Ranked number 1 in ICC ranking for ODI batsmen for the first time in 2013.
- Won the Man of the Tournament in ICC T20 in 2014 and 2016.
- Only batsman in the world to average more than 50 across all game formats.