India’s 1st augmented reality institute be setup?
Q. India’s first augmented reality institute will be setup in- Published on 13 Jan 17
- This institute will be established in a tie-up with Eon Reality.
- The total cost will be around Rs. 130 crore with Eon contributing to 2/3rd of it.
- India will have its first augmented reality education and training institute in Varanasi.
- It will be a virtual manufacturing shop floor.
- It will give students training on virtual versions of equipment which may not be affordable to the institutions.
- The institution will be established by the central government in partnership with Eon Reality, an augmented reality company which is based in the US.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-BHU) in Varanasi will join in the project, along with NSDC and Eon Reality.
- Each trainee will be able to unpack the machine part by part and learn through virtual dissection.
- Like a real machine, it will throw new problems to trainees and, depending on your problem-solving capacity, it will allow you to move further.
- The institutions and the software deployed will be able to create virtual machines of many sectors - from car design to the assembly line of an automobile firm, from textiles to heavy engineering machines.
- It can dissect aeroplane engines and show how 3D designing works.
- It would be like apprentice learning on shop floor