INS Vikramaditya becomes first warship to have ATM onboard.
Indian Navy’s largest warship, INS Vikramditya became the first warship to be equipped with its own dedicated ATM (Automated Teller Machine).
The ATM onboard of the ship will be provided by India’s largest public sector bank State Bank of India (SBI).
The services will be on the satellite link and will cater to over 2,000 naval personnel deployed on the aircraft carrier.
A currency chest will also be provided to keep running the ATM.
The ATM will ensure cash problems of the warship personnel will be resolved.About INS Vikramaditya
- Modified Kiev-class aircraft carrier purchased from Russia.
- It had entered into service with the Indian Navy in 2013.
- It was commissioned in November 2013 at a ceremony held at Severodvinsk, Russia.
- It was formally inducted into the Indian Navy in 2014.
- dedicated it to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in June 2014.