Initiative for Nutrition Security through Intensive Millets Promotion
Q. Which of the following is/are true regarding Initiative for Nutrition Security through Intensive Millets Promotion (INSIMP)?
1) It is a part of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
2) A key feature of INSIMP is giving input kits, comprising urea and pesticides.- Published on 16 Nov 16
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWER: Both 1 and 2
- Initiative for Nutritional Security through Intensive Millets Promotion (INSIMP) – a part of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana” (RKVY) which is the only comprehensive initiative to support millet production.
- A key feature of INSIMP is giving input kits, comprising urea and pesticides; costing Rs 2,000-3,000 depending on the type of crop; and seed kits, comprising hybrid seeds to the farmers.
- These kits are supplied by nodal agencies in a state, and are, in turn, procured from various manufacturers.