Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission
Q. Which of the following statements is/are correct about solar energy?
1. India and Germany signed a pact for developing a clean energy corridor and solar projects.
2. India's target is to achieve 175 GW solar energy by 2022.- Published on 07 Dec 15
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
ANSWER: Only 1
- India and Germany took a giant step towards clean energy collaboration with the creation of long-term 'Climate and Renewable Alliance'.
- Germany extended a lump sum assistance of 2 billion euros ($2.25 billion) for developing a clean energy corridor and solar projects.
- India has established a target of 175 GW of renewable energy capacity by 2022. This comprises 100 GW solar power, 60 GW wind power, 10 GW biomass-fired power and 5 GW small hydro power.