Kumble re-appointed ICC Cricket Committee chairman
Q. Who has been appointed ICC Cricket Committee chairman for second time:- Published on 16 May 16
a. Rahul Dravid
b. Anil Kumble
c. Mahela Jayawardene
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Anil Kumble
Former India captain Anil Kumble has been re-appointed ICC Cricket Committee chairman for a second term of three years while his one-time team-mate and batting great Rahul Dravid was named member of the top panel.
- Kumble, the all-time highest wicket-taker for India, who was appointed as the chairman for his first term in 2012, will now continue to head the panel until 2018.
- Meanwhile, another former India captain Dravid and ex-Sri Lanka skipper Mahela Jayawardene have been appointed to the ICC Cricket Committee, adding even more cricketing experience to the list of eminent people already on the panel.
- Jayawardene has been appointed as a past player representative and takes over from former Australia captain Mark Taylor, who has also completed his final three-year term.
- Former Australia off-spinner and ex-Chief Executive of Federation of International Cricketers’ Association (FICA), Tim May, has also been elected by the current Test captains as current player representative, replacing Laxman Sivaramakrishnan, who has completed his three-year term.
- Three time ICC umpire of the year Richard Kettleborough has replaces Steve Davis who retired last year.