Link List used to construct a Prev LSN in database log - Database
Programming Language (MCQ) questions
Q. What data structure is used to construct a Prev LSN in a database log?
- Published on 28 Aug 15
ANSWER: Link List
C programming (
Software Engineering (
Web Technologies (
Data Structure (
Operating System (
-Posted on 05 Nov 15
- It is a method of organizing stored data in a computer memory or on a storage medium based on the logical order of the data and not the physical order.
- All stored data records are assigned a physical address in the memory.
- It arranges the data by logic rather than by physical address.
- They are used to organize data in specific desired logical orders, independent of the memory address each record is assigned to.
- The data storage works best with data arrays in which one doesn't know how large the array will need to be or when there is a certainty of more data being added or subtracted at later times.
- A disadvantage to linked list data storage is that the data must be accessed sequentially and cannot be accessed randomly.
- Some common applications of linked lists include creating hash tables for collision resolution across communication channels, structuring binary trees, building stacks and queues in programming, and managing relational databases.
Post your comment / Share knowledge
Enter the code shown above:
(Note: If you cannot read the numbers in the above image, reload the page to generate a new one.)