LOB segments store LOBs & varrays - Oracle Schema
Oracle (MCQ) questions and answers
Q. Where are the LOBs and varrays stored?
- Published on 12 Aug 15
Both A & B
None of the above
ANSWER: LOB segments
Oracle DBA (
Oracle Replication (
Oracle Architecture (
Oracle Transaction (
Administering and Managing an Oracle Database (
Managing Oracle Database Processes (
Oracle Control Files (
Oracle Redo Log (
Oracle Tablespaces (
Oracle Datafiles and Tempfiles (
Oracle Managed Files (
Oracle Schema (
Oracle Tables (
Oracle Indexes and Partitioned Tables (
Oracle Clusters (
Oracle Views, Sequences, and Synonyms (
Oracle Distributed Database concepts (
-Posted on 25 Sep 15
- The first extent of any segment requires at least 2 blocks (if FREELIST GROUPS was 0).
- That is, the initial extent size of the segment should be at least 2 blocks.
- LOBs segments are different because they need at least 3 blocks in the first extent.
- If you try to create a LOB segment in a permanent dictionary managed tablespace with initial = 2 blocks, then it still works because it is possible for segments in permanent dictionary-managed tablespaces to override the default storage setting of the tablespaces.
- But if uniform locally managed tablespaces or dictionary managed tablespaces of the temporary type, or locally managed temporary tablespaces have an extent size of 2 blocks, then LOB segments cannot be created in these tablespaces.
- This is because in these tablespace types, extent sizes are fixed and the default storage setting of the tablespaces is not ignored.
Post your comment / Share knowledge
Enter the code shown above:
(Note: If you cannot read the numbers in the above image, reload the page to generate a new one.)