Model Shops and Establishments (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Bill, 2016
Q. Which of the following are the benefits of the Model Shops and Establishments, 2016 Bill?
1) Improving the working conditions of workers
2) More jobs for women
3) Favourable environment for doing business- Published on 04 Jul 16
a. 1, 2
b. 2, 3
c. 1, 3
d. All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
- The Model bill is aimed at (i) improving the working conditions of workers (ii) creating many more job opportunities for women and (iii) providing favourable environment for doing business.
- Allowing employment of women in night shifts, will enhance the gender diversity at work places and will also do away with the “protective discrimination” faced by women, who were exempted from working in night shift.
- The establishments will have to ensure safety and better working conditions for female employees by providing facilities such as late-night drops and crèches.
- The Model Bill provides for the crèches. It would result in the making the workplace/shops Establishment attractive for the employment for women resulting in increase in employment of women.