NGT: Establishment & places of sitting
Q. Which of the following statements is/are correct about National Green Tribunal (NGT)?
1. Establishment of NGT made National Environment Appellate Authority defunct.
2. Mumbai is one of the place of sitting of Tribunal.- Published on 17 Dec 15
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Only 1
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) became operational with Justice Lokeshwar Singh as first Chairman in 2010.
- Currently it is chaired by Justice Swatanter Kumar since 2012.
- NGT was established by National Green Tribunal Act 2010.
- The five places of sitting of Tribunal are at Delhi, Bhopal, Pune, Kolkata and Chennai.