Now, quality generic medicines at affordable prices through PMJAY
Q. A countrywide campaign has been launched for generic medicines at a affordable prices for all. What is it called?- Published on 21 Sep 16
a. Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana
b. Prime Minister Jan Aushadhi Yojana
c. Pradhan Mantri Jag Aushadhi Yojana
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana was initiated by Pharma Dept in association with Central Pharma PSUs.
- Key PMAK centres were opened where high quality generic medicines are sold at low prices
- The Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India/BPPI is implementing the scheme
- Since 20th Sept,
- 437 Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendras spread over 26 States/UTs are operational across the country. The Government is committed to open 3000 PMJAK by March 2017 across India.
- Agreements have been signed with many national NGOs/Trusts/Societies like CSC, PCI, CNRI, Shree Tapovan vikas Trust, Indian Red Cross Society, Lions Club, CISSIL, CMAI, IMA, Vignan Bharathi, Bharat Sevak Samaj etc. for setting up of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendras in different States.
Following incentives are provided to open PMJAK:
- Free space provided by State Govt./MCD/PSU etc.
- An amount of INR 2.5 lakhs to be given to NGOs / agency running JAS in government hospital premises:
i. INR 1 Lakh reimbursement of furniture and fixtures
ii. INR 1 Lakh by way of free medicines in the beginning
iii. 0.5 Lakh as reimbursement for computer and other miscellaneous items.
- PMJAK run by private entrepreneurs / pharmacists / NGOs / charitable institutions that are linked through internet are also entitled for sales incentive of 15% of monthly sales subject to ceiling of INR 10000/- per month up to INR 2.50 lakhs. In North east states the incentive is 15% and subject to monthly ceiling of INR 15000 and total limit of INR 2.50 lakhs.