Objectives of Parliamentary Forums
Q. Which of the following are the objectives of Parliamentary forums?
1) To have focused discussions with result oriented approach on critical issues.
2) Collect and disseminate data to members to allow them to better discuss the issues.
3) To explain the practical difficulties and ground situation to the members of the forum.- Published on 03 Mar 17
b. 1, 3
c. 1, 2
d. All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
The objectives are -
- To provide a platform to the members to have interactions with the ministers concerned, experts and key officials from the nodal ministries with a view to have a focused and meaningful discussion on critical issues with a result-oriented approach for speeding up the implementation process.
- To sensitize members about the key areas of concern and also about the ground level situation and equip them with the latest information, knowledge, technical know-how and valuable inputs from experts both from the country and abroad for enabling them to raise these issues effectively on the Floor of the House and in the meetings of the Departmentally-Related Standing Committees (DRSCs).
- To prepare a data-base through collection of data on critical issues from ministries concerned, reliable NGOs, newspapers, United Nations, Internet, etc. and circulation thereof to the members so that they can meaningfully participate in the discussions of the forums and seek clarifications from experts or officials from the Ministry present in the meetings.
- It has been mandated that the Parliamentary Forums will not interfere with or encroach upon the jurisdiction of the Departmentally-Related Standing Committees of the Ministry/Department concerned.