Odisha bags Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016
Q. Which state won the Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016?- Published on 12 Sep 16
Odisha bagged the 9th Global Agriculture Leadership Award 2016 for its efforts towards developing agriculture and creating rural prosperity.
Seed Replacement Rate in paddy (a key contributor to growth and productivity along with technology inputs) has increased to record high of 35.57 percent in 2015-2016 according to government estimates
- For this remarkable achievement in the food grain sector, Odisha has won the Krishi Karman Award 4 times in the past 5 years
- Global Agriculture Leadership Award is instituted by the Indian Council of Food and Agriculture in 2008
- This award is given to individuals and organisations for leadership towards development of agriculture affecting lives of farmers
- Odisha recorded 22.7 percent growth in food grains from 96.36 lakh MT in 2013-2015 to 118.24 MT during 2014-2015.
- State has recorded achievement in increasing the productivity of food grains
- The state has been awarded the Best Agriculture State for 2016
- The National Awards Committee of the ICFA is led by MS Swaminathan
- He is considered the father of the agricultural revolution in India
- Odisha earned the award for launching numerous programs to revive agriculture leading to higher growth rate, increased pace of overall development and improved farm income.