PD Gupta appointed Vice Chancellor of Homi Bhabha National Institute
Q. Which scientist was appointed as Vice Chancellor of Homi Bhabha National Institute?- Published on 26 Aug 16
a. PD Gupta
b. AD Gupta
c. CD Gupta
d. None of the above
ANSWER: PD Gupta
Well known scientist PD Gupta was appointed as VC of Mumbai based Homi Bhabha National Institute.
- He has been appointed to the post for five years according to an order issued by DoPT
- HBNI is an aided institution of DAE and is a deemed university according to the UGC Act
- Institute is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in sciences including engineering and maths.
- This institute aims to further indigenous nuclear technological capability
- It is one of the institutes of excellence as per section 4b of the Reservation in Admission Act 2006
- It has been placed by MHRD task force in category A institutes