President of India extends greetings to people of Hungary, India signs MoU with Latvia
Q. Which country celebrated its national day on August 20, 2016?- Published on 22 Aug 16
President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee extended greetings to the government and people on the eve of their National Day (August 2016).
- The current president of the republic of Hungary is Dr. Janos Ader
- Hungary also celebrated the 60th anniversary of the Hungarian Revolution on 20th August.
- Meanwhile in other global news, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) and University of Latvia on establishment of an academic chair in Ayurveda was signed today at AYUSH Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The MoU will provide a structured framework for taking forward academic and research activities in Ayurveda through deputation of an Ayurveda Professor to the University of Latvia.
- India’s relations with EU nations are fairly cordial with warm bilateral ties with most countries.
- Recently, the United Kingdom broke apart from the EU following the historic Brexit vote
- France and Germany are the two biggest nations in the EU