Indian off-spin bowler Ravichandran Ashwin became the fastest cricketer to take 250 wickets in Test matches.
He achieved this feat in his 45th test match played against Bangladesh.
In his record 250th test wicket, he dismissed Bangladesh’s captain Mushfiqur Rahim.
With this, Ashwin surpassed previous record held by Australian fast bowler Dennis Keith Lillee, who had reached the milestone of 250 Test wickets in 48 matches.
Ravichandran Ashwin is sixth Indian bowler to reach 250 test wickets.
Earlier in 2016, Ashwin achieved the feat of taking fastest 200 wickets in Test in his 37th test.
He had beaten Pakistan’s Waqar Younis and Australia’s Dennis Lillee who had taken 200 wickets in 38 test matches.Ravichandran Ashwin: Know More
- Born: 17 September 1986 (age 30)
- Madras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India
- Nickname: Ash
- Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
- Batting style: Right-handed
- Bowling style: Right-arm off spin
- Role: Bowling all-rounder