Recommendations of Gulshan Rai Committee on Cybersecurity
Q. Which of the following are recommendations of Gulshan Rai Committee on Cyber security?
1) Utilize more secure foreign servers instead of less secure local ones.
2) A separate agency for online cyber-crime registration, monitoring
3) Establish Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre.- Published on 15 Jul 16
a. 1, 3
b. 1, 2
c. 2, 3
d. All of the above
ANSWER: 2, 3
- Establish a new Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre at cost of Rs 500 crore. This Centre would be linked to NATGRID and CCTNS (Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System) and branches in states to curb the cybercrime. This centre would check attempts of international gangs to penetrate Indian government official communication network.
- Devise an advance application for Social Media Analytics to monitor social media platforms activities related to Ministries of Home, External Affairs, Defence and other government organisations.
- Reduce Government’s dependence on foreign servers and ensure one dedicated secure gateway for all government communication.
- A separate agency for online cyber-crime registration, monitoring and integration of CCTNS data with the same.
- Amend the Evidence act to suit the current requirements and prosecute the cybercrimes.
- Sensitise the states by setting up cyber forensic laboratories in states along with workshops and international cooperation.