SAARCSTAT 8th meeting held in Delhi
Q. SAARCSTAT member nations met at which city for its 8th meeting of its heads?- Published on 30 Aug 16
b. New Delhi
ANSWER: New Delhi
SAARC member states convened to achieve essential ingredients for decision making and policy planners at the SAARCSTAT 8th meeting of heads.
- The meeting was held in New Delhi
- Emphasis was on greater regional cooperation for mutual development, to accelerate free trade in goods and services in the Region.
- It is essential to put into operation simplified and transparent rules of origin; implementation of trade facilitation measures; harmonisation of standards relating to Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) and sanitary and phyto-sanitary measures; harmony, streamlined and simplified Custom procedures; elimination of non-tariff and para-tariff barriers;
- Also discussed were policy initiatives for comparable statistics and smooth & efficient transit and transport facilities, which will provide an opportunity to the SAARC Members countries to review the implementation of the recommendations made in International Merchandise Trade Statistics (IMTS) 2010 and Manual on Statistics of International Trade in Services (MSITS) 2010 and help in better understanding of the existing economic statistics frameworks and guidelines such as the System of National Accounts (2008 SNA), Balance of Payments (BPM6) and the Guidelines on Integrated Economic Statistics.
- Reducing asymmetry in states data was also a goal.