Schemes related to Solar and renewable energy
Q. Which of the following are schemes related to Solar and renewable energy launched by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE)?
1) Solar Zones
2) 1000 MW of Grid- Connected Solar Power Projects by CPSUs
3) 300 MW of Grid connected Solar PV Power Projects by Defence Establishments
4) Solar Cities Programme- Published on 28 Dec 16
a. 1, 3, 4
b. 1, 2, 3
c. 2, 4
d. All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
Planning to achieve 100 GW of solar capacity installation by 2022 through installation of projects under various schemes, several schemes have been launched by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) which are as follows:
- Scheme for Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects.
- Scheme for Development of Solar PV Power Plants on Canal Banks/ Canal Tops.
- Scheme for setting up of 300 MW of Grid connected Solar PV Power Projects by Defence Establishments under Ministry of Defence and Para Military forces with Viability Gap Funding (VGF) under Batch-IV of Phase-II/III of National Solar Mission.
- Implementation of scheme for setting up of 1000 MW of Grid- Connected Solar PV Power Projects by CPSUs with VGF under Batch-V of Phase-II of JNNSM.
- Implementation of Scheme for Setting up of 15000 MW of Grid connected Solar PV Power Projects under Batch II of Phase II of National Solar Mission (by NTPC/NVVN)
- Setting up of 2000 MW Grid connected solar power with VGF through Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI)
- Development of Solar Cities Programme.
- Scheme for Development of Solar Zones in the country