Scientists develop ultra thin and transparent oxide thin film transistors for flexible wearable display
Q. Scientists have discovered an ultra thin and _________ oxide thin film transistor for flexible wearable display.- Published on 02 Aug 16
d. None of the above
Scientists have developed ultra-thin and transparent oxide thin film transistors for flexible wearable display.
- The advent of the IoT era, strong demand has grown for wearable and transparent displays applied to various fields such as augmented reality and skin like thin flexible devices.
- Previous flexible transparent displays have posed real challenges to overcome which involve poor transparency and low electrical performance.
- Enhancing both transparency and performance, past research efforts have tried to use inorganic based electronics, but fundamental thermal instabilities of plastic substrates have hampered high temperature process, necessary for fabrication of high performance electronic devices.
- Research team led by professors at a Korea University developed ultra thin and transparent oxide thin film transistors for active matrix backplane of flexible display through inorganic based laser lift off method.
- Research team has fabricated high performance oxide TFT array on top of a sacrificial laser reactive substrate.