SDLC phases - SDLC
Software Testing (MCQ) questions and answers
Q. Which of the following is / are a phases of SDLC?
- Published on 14 Aug 15
All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
Incident Management (
Agile testing (
Smoke and Sanity testing (
Static analysis tools (
Use cases and Decision table (
Roles in Software Testing (
Independent testing team (
Test processes (
Structure based testing techniques (
Risk analysis and management (
Configuration management (
Boundary value analysis (
Testing types and levels (
Capability maturity model integration (
Acceptance testing (
Static testing techniques (
Basic concepts of Software Testing (
Software Testing Techniques (
Software Testing Strategies (
Software Project Planning (
Software Design Concept (
Software Configuration Management (
Load Runner (
Manual testing (
-Posted on 01 Nov 15
- There are various phases of software development life cycle, which are used during development process of software.
- These SDLC phases are also referred to as software development process models, such as waterfall model, incremental model, v-model etc.
- Each process model follows a particular life cycle in order to ensure success in process of software development.
- Following are the phases of SDLC :
- 1. Requirement gathering and analysis
- 2. Design
- 3. Implementation or coding
- 4. Testing
- 5. Deployment
- 6. Maintenance
1. Requirement gathering and analysis :
This phase is the main focus of the project managers, stake holders and users etc. Business requirements are gathered in this phase. The following questions get answered during this phase :
- Who is going to use the system?
- How will they use the system?
- What data should be input into the system?
- What data should be output by the system?
After requirement gathering these requirements are analyzed for their validity.
2. Design :
Requirements are translated into design. In this phase the system and software design is prepared from the requirement specifications. The system design specifications serve as input for the next phase of the model.
3. Implementation or Coding :
In this phase coding is started, the code is produced by the developer and is the main focus for him. This is the longest phase of the SDLC.
4. Testing :
The testing verifies the deliverable of the implementation phase against requirements. During this phase unit testing, integration testing, system testing, acceptance testing are done.
5. Deployment :
After successful testing the product is delivered or deployed to the user for their use.
6. Maintenance :
When the customer starts using the developed system then the actual problems comes up and needs to be solved from time to time. This process where care is taken for the developed product is known as maintenance.
Post your comment / Share knowledge
Enter the code shown above:
(Note: If you cannot read the numbers in the above image, reload the page to generate a new one.)