Q. As per which guidelines did the Government pick up the entire SBI shares held by the RBI?- Published on 13 Feb 17
a. National Stock Exchange of India
b. Securities Commission
c. Financial Regulations
d. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
ANSWER: Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
As per the guidelines of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the Government picked up the entire SBI shares held by the RBI at a price of Rs. 1,130.35 a share.
SEBI is the regulatory authority for the securities market in India.Powers -
For the discharge of its functions efficiently, SEBI has been vested with the following powers:
- to approve by - laws of stock exchanges.
- to require the stock exchange to amend their by – laws.
- inspect the books of accounts and call for periodical returns from recognized stock exchanges.
- inspect the books of accounts of financial intermediaries.
- compel certain companies to list their shares in one or more stock exchanges.
- registration of brokers.