Sikkim, Kerala top Swachhta NSSO Survey 2016
Q. NSSO survey on cleanliness (Swachhta) has found which states performed well in terms of facilities and sanitation?- Published on 09 Sep 16
d. Only a and b
ANSWER: Only a and b
Sikkim and Kerala have been ranked as top performing states in the cleanliness/Swachhta survey conducted by NSSO while Chattisgarh and Jharkhand were last.
- Official report released by Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation on 8th September 2016 also found Dungarpur in Rajasthan and Panchmahal in Gujarat were among the low ranking districts, while Sindhudurg in Maharashtra topped the list with 99 percent of the houses having access to safe sanitation
- Nadia district in W. Bengal has been ranked second followed by Satara in Maharashtra and Midnapore East in WB.
- Among states, Sikkim recorded a 100 percent category of people using household or community toilets and 98.2 percent of the households having sanitary toilet
- Kerala has been ranked second followed by Mizoram in third place and HP in the 4th
- A survey on Swachhta status was conducted in May-June 2015 covering 73,176 households in 3788 villages
- The report called Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2016 was released with the findings.
- As per the survey, Chattisgarh has 21.2 percentage of households having sanitary toilets while Jharkhand has only 18.8 percent
- Among top performing states besides Sikkim and Kerala, other states with good results were HP, Nagaland, Haryana and Mizoram