Software process & improvement standards - Introduction of Software Engineering
Software Engineering (MCQ) questions and answers
Introduction of Software Engineering
Q. Software process and improvement are assessed by ____.
- Published on 22 Jul 15
Both B and C
ANSWER: Both B and C
Software Management (
Introduction of Software Engineering (
Software Specification & Measurement (
Software Process (
Process Modelling and SDLC (
Planning and Managing the Project (
Capturing the Requirement (
Designing the System (
Objects Design (
Program Writing (
Formal Modelling & Verification (
Delivering the System (
Maintaining the System (
Evaluating Products, Processes & Resources (
Software Process Improvement (
Improving Predictions, Products, Processes & Resources (
-Posted on 12 Oct 15
SPICE (ISO/IEC 15504)
- ISO/IEC 15504 derives from ISO 12207 and provides a framework for consistent, reliable software process assessment.
- It consists of the following parts:
Part 1 - Concepts and vocabulary
Part 2 - Performing an assessment
Part 3 - Guidance on performing an assessment
Part 4 - Guidance on use for process improvement and process capability determination
Part 5 - An exemplar process assessment model (for software lifecycle process)
Part 6 - An exemplar process assessment model for systems lifecycle processes
Part 7 - Assessment of organizational maturity.
- The 15504 standard focuses on software business processes such as software development, project management, configuration management, quality assurance, etc
- ISO 9001 deals with the requirements that organizations wishing to meet the standard must fulfil.
- Third-party certification bodies provide independent confirmation that organizations meet the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Over one million organizations worldwide are independently certified, making ISO 9001 one of the most widely used management tools in the world today.
- However, the ISO certification process has been criticized as being wasteful and not being useful for all organizations.
- The ISO 9001 is an abstract model.
- It is designed for manufacturing, guidance for software.
- It is used for certification purpose.
- It is complemented by ISO/IEC 15504
Post your comment / Share knowledge
Enter the code shown above:
(Note: If you cannot read the numbers in the above image, reload the page to generate a new one.)