Sugmaya Pustakalaya to be a part of Accessible India Campaign
Q. Under which scheme has the Accessible E-Library been launched in India for Divyang?- Published on 26 Aug 16
a. Swachch Bharat Abhiyan
b. Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
c. Digital India
d. Startup India
ANSWER: Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
Union Government on 24th August 2016 launched the accessible e-library.
- It is called the Sugamya Pustakalaya for Divyang
- It has been launched under the Accessible India Campaign (Sugamya Bharat Abhigyan).
- Sugamya Pustakalaya is an online platform that makes accessible content available to print disabled people
- It has more than 2 lakh books in diverse subjects and languages and multiple accessible formats
- e-Library was created by Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in collaboration with organisations of Daisy Forum of India and powered by TCS Access.
- E-Library is a nation wide campaign for attaining universal accessibility for persons with disabilities
- This initiative is in line with Article 9 of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- India is the signatory to this article from 2007