Sunil Bharti Mittal appointed Chairman of telecom major Airtel
Q. Who has been appointed as chairman of Airtel?- Published on 22 Aug 16
a. Sunil Bharti Mittal
b. Lakshmi Niwas Mittal
c. Ashok Kumar Mittal
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Sunil Bharti Mittal
Sunil Bharti Mittal has been re-appointed as the Chairman of telecom giant Bharti Airtel for another five year, with effect from October 1, 2016.
- Mittal is the Founder of Bharti Enterprises, one of India’s largest conglomerates with diversified interests in telecom, insurance, real estate, agri and food, besides other ventures.
- The Group also has JVs with global leaders like Singtel, SoftBank, AXA, Del Monte amongst others
- Bharti Airtel, the Group’s flagship company, offers mobile, fixed broadband and digital TV solutions to over 350 million customers across India, South Asia and Africa.
- Airtel is a global telecom company with presence in 20 nations including Asia and Africa.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi India
- Company ranks among the top 4 mobile service providers internationally in terms of subscribers.
- In India, the company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers.
- In the rest of the world, it offers 2G, 3G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 307 million customers across its operations at the end of November 2014.