T Nanda Kumar Chairman of NDDB resigns
Q. T Nanda Kumar has resigned from his post as chairman of which board?- Published on 01 Aug 16
a. National Dairy Development Board
b. National Cooperative Dairy Federation of India
c. Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.
d. None of the above
ANSWER: National Dairy Development Board
T. Nanda Kumar, Chairman of Gujarat based National Dairy Development Board has resigned
- ACC has accepted the resignation of Kumar with effect from August 1, 2016 according to the DoPT without citing a reason.
- Senior most whole time director of the board has been given additional charge of NDDB till appointment of regular incumbent.
- Kumar is an IAS officer and worked as NDDB chief since March 3, 2014.
- He is the first chairman of the board based in Anand Gujarat.
- Other chairpersons of this board include Verghese Kurien and Amrita Patel.
- Kurien is known as the Father of White Revolution/Milk Revolution in India.