Telecom Regulatory Authority of India to start process to fix mobile data rules
Q. TRAI will start a consultation process to fix which rules for mobile data?- Published on 07 Jul 16
a. Quality of service rules
b. Quality of servicing rules
c. Limits of service rules
d. Areas of service rule
ANSWER: Quality of service rules
TRAI will soon start a consultation process to fix “quality of service” rules for mobile data including average data speed for operators.
- Regulator will also launch a mobile app for measuring real time internet speeds that consumers get
- Data will be made available on TRAI Analytics portal.
- Through the application, TRAI Myspeed App, TRAI will get real time data from customers. This will be put on TRAI Analytics Portal.
- This will show mobile data speed of each operator within a given area on real time basis.
- TRAI has issued service quality benchmarks for wireless data earlier but Sharma said telecom operators have complained law of physics does not guarantee a minimum speed that they can provide to consumers.
- TRAI is an independent regulatory of the telecommunications business in the country. It was established on February 20, 1997 by a Parliamentary Act to regulate telecom services and tariffs in the country.
- Earlier regulation of telecom services and tariffs were overseen by Central Government.
- TRAI aims to grow telecom networks in India and emerging global information society