Terror attack brings Indo-Pak conflict to the fore
Q. Terrorists attacked an army camp in which Kashmir district on 19th Sept?- Published on 19 Sep 16
Terrorists attacked an army camp at 12 Brigade HQ in Uri along with their arms and ammunition.
- 17 jawans died in the attack in Baramulla district of Kashmir
- Sources said a mission map annotated in Pashto revealed terrorists wanted to kill unarmed troops and storm the medical aid unit and brigade admin block and blow themselves up in the officer’s mess
- Map deciphered by military experts indicated that the terrorists were drawn from the banned terror group, Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP) that recently started working under Jaish command and calls itself "Guardians of the Prophet".
- The SSP cadre directly operates under Jaish-e-Mohammad+ chief Masood Azhar,
- Azhar has publicly likened JeM's goals to that of the SSP, a Sunni Muslim terror group affiliated to Pakistani Deoband.
- Taliban draws its inspiration from the Pakistani Deoband.
- Terrorists lobbed 17 grenades in 3 minutes causing 13 soldiers to die instantly and 32 soldiers to be critically injured
- Fidayeen militants stormed the army camp near Uri at LoC around 4 am
- This attack was one of worst strikes on an army base in Kashmir since militant attacks began in 1989.
- The demonstrations began after Indian army killed Burhan Wani a terrorist of Hizbul Mujahideen
- A doctor at Srinagar's SMHS hospital said 756 people have been hit in the eyes by pellets over the past 72 days.
- The terror attack and its aftermath is set to leave the Valley in violence and bloodshed.